Rapist who stabbed 16-year-girl to death for resisting him, arrested

16-year-old Alero Eyesan passed away on the 10th of January after she was stabbed on New Year Eve by a young man simply identified as Osama in Sapele, Delta State.

Tears, the young girl who was stabbed gave up early this morning. The Dr’s tried all they could, but the sepsis had spread very fast all over her body because she was left unattended to since the 31st of last month. Its a painful and pathetic situation, but God knows the best. May her soul rest in perfect peace”

According to Sapele Olofofo, the wound allegedly got infected as a result of her parents inability to raise funds for her prompt treatment.

She was later admitted at New Salvation Clinic, at Akpor Lane, Sapele, where the doctors said sepsis from the infected wound, had already spread to other parts of her body.

She eventually lost the battle on Wednesday. Now the suspected rapist has been arrested.

Recall that on the 4th of November, a 16-year-old girl simply identified as Bosede, lost her life to a strange ailment she incurred after she was gang-raped by four boys at her home in Oke Eri area of Oworonsoki, Lagos.

Vanguard reported that Bosede’s father, Mutiu, said Bosede after the attack, fell terribly ill and after many tests without any knowledge as to what was really wrong with her, Bose died on November 4th. Narrating what happened to his daughter, Mutiu said

“I gave Bosede N100 when I came back from my carpentry work to go and buy food for her dinner that night around 9 o’clock, not knowing that night would be the beginning of a journey of no return for my daughter.

At 10pm when she had not returned, I was worried and her stepmother and I started looking for her. We didn’t see her until around 12 midnight when we saw her crawl out from a structure four buildings away from my house crying and her body drenched in blood. That was when she told us that four boys had raped her.

She named the son of one of my co-tenants, Rilwan, as the leader of the gang but all the attackers had fled. I couldn’t do anything that night because it was late. I went to Lalonge Police Station the following morning to report and they arrested two of the suspects, Rilwan and the one popularly called Bobo.

That was when my co-tenant, Rilwan’s father, started fighting me, saying he will kill me if I didn’t effect the release of his son. He went to the police station to lodge a report and the police came to arrest me. The police now turned the case against me to the extent that my wife had to borrow N5 000 to bail me. That was how the two suspects who allegedly tortured my daughter and gang-raped her were released and I was left to face the problem of taking care of her.

I took her to a hospital nearby and they told me they had checked her and she was given drugs and they assured me she was going to be okay. But since that day, I noticed that she was no longer herself. She was always quiet and complained of pains.

Four months after, I noticed that she started emaciating. Someone saw her and I narrated what happened. It was that person who introduced me to Alhaji Rasheed Awofeso who swung into action immediately. He went back to the police station and told them they must investigate the case.

They made one arrest because other suspects fled immediately they heard government was now involved in the case. We collected the last result of the tests carried out on my daughter on Friday, November 3 but that day she was in unbearable pain. I had the test result but didn’t know what was written inside.

When I couldn’t stand the way she was wriggling in pain, I took my television set and sold it for N7, 000 and, with the money, I rushed her to a nearby private hospital, gave them the test result and told them we were going to the General Hospital on Monday to commence treatment before this happened.

The doctor read the test result and admitted her to commence treatment, though he said I brought her late. When I saw the way the girl was wriggling in pain and shouting for help that she didn’t want to die, I ran out because I couldn’t bear it. But in less than 30 minutes, she gave up the ghost.

Though my daughter is dead, my pain is the way the father of the boy who my daughter said led the gang of four that raped her mocks me, saying I will never see his son to arrest and that my life and that of my family is not safe. Despite my loss, I am being threatened because he belongs to a feared group. I want government and kind hearted Nigerians to help me get justice for my daughter because some people see the gang-rape and death as a normal thing”, he narrated.

Join our TELEGRAM channel for daily updates: https://t.me/naijaparrot

Are you On Twitter? Follow @naijaparrot1 for news and job updates. For jobs updates only, follow @naijajobfinder

Join our TELEGRAM channel for daily updates: https://t.me/naijaparrot

Are you On Twitter? Follow @naijaparrot1 for news and job updates. For jobs updates only, follow @naijajobfinder