On Tuesday, June 18, 2012, Charley Boy caused a commotion when he walked into the Lagos High Court and filed a lawsuit of N1b against the National Mirror newspaper.
Charley Boy said he is suing the newspaper for publishing a damaging story alleging he said in an interview that he was gay and head of illuminati in Nigeria. The case was filed by Charly Boy’s lawyer, Ope Banwo. The ‘Aread Father’ who was followed and surrounded by bike riders then held a press conference a few blocks away.
”If any publication calls Charly Boy gay, I think it’s a fair comment. He’s in the public domain, people will always speculate. But it’s wrong to outrightly report that in an interview he actually said so. That’s a line that shouldnt be crossed”, Charly Boy’s counsel, Ope Banwo explained.
”It is unfortunate this is happening to me. You all know me, I’m never bothered about any of this news but I’m shocked of this timid, mongoparkish way of thinking. I have put tenacity, focus and hardwork in the 35 years of building this brand. I think I deserve more”, Charly Boy said
Banwo explained that the ‘false story’ had already begun to take a devastating blow as companies working with Charly Boy were already considering dropping him from their brands.
Please do not hesitate to leave your opinion in the comment section below. To contact Naija Parrot for Tips, News, Opinions, Letters and Advertisement: @ [email protected]