The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development and it benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer. UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for volunteerism globally, encouraging partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Deputy Country Director (Operations) and supervision of the Finance Analyst, the Finance Associate provides financial services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The Finance Associate promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Experience in handling web-based management system
- Proficiency in Standard Computer Software (Word, Excel, Database, PowerPoint, Internet)
- Strong aptitude for learning computer based financial and program management software for monitoring programs
- Experience in the usage of ATLAS (Finance Application Access Module) will be an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills
- Result oriented outlook
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Accounting
- 2 years relevant working experience
Click Here for Details and How to Apply
Deadline: 7 January 2015