Can one say because he his not been picking up Fayose’s call means his concession of defeat is a propaganda stunt? well time will tell.
The Governor Elect of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose on Thursday in Abuja, said the concession of the incumbent governor Kayode Fayemi to defeat was a propaganda stunt aimed at eliciting public sympathy.
Ayodele Fayose told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that although Fayemi at the weekend conceded publicly and congratulated him, and they even met in government house, the governor had not picked calls from him since then.
“I have been calling the governor since after our meeting but he hasn’t picked the call.
“If you read all papers now, he said I will create local governments before I go; how do you reconcile these things?
“I am not a propagandist, I am a realist. The governor says he will do employment before he leaves that means you want to create problem for the incoming government.
“So I see that concession, as good as it may be, we must all be realistic about it, we must not deceive the Nigerian populace.
“Their party said we are still studying the ink used by INEC; it is the governor that conceded not our party,” he said.
Fayose recalled that in 2003, his predecessor, Mr Niyi Adebayo, also conceded defeat but went ahead to conduct a mass recruitment though he had only six months remaining in his tenure.
“I respect the governor; he is our leader, up until the 15th of October, he remains our leader but I want to appeal to APC not to play propaganda with sensitive issues like this.
“If the governor says I am not going, his party too must make pronouncements otherwise I do not mind them going to court.
“The court will ask you: “it is usually the incumbent that rigs, why would somebody who is not an incumbent now rig and defeat you in your ward”?