The USAID-funded Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2 (AIRS 2) Project supports the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), as well as USAID Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the ground through cost-effective commodity procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in countries affected by malaria.
Under the supervision of the Entomological Coordinator, the Office Assistant 4 / Entomological Technician manages the insectary and the animal house located at the Nasarawa State University in Keffi.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Secondary School (Diploma A2).
- At least six (6) months of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in laboratory or veterinary work is desirable.
- Experience in rearing susceptible strains of Anopheles mosquitoes in an insectary is desirable.
- Knowledge in computer skills (able to run programs such as Microsoft word, Excel )
- English language fluency.
- Experience with laboratory animal rearing is an added advantage.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Click here for details and how to apply