International and National Post Graduate Scholarship Awards
These programs are sponsored by Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) in production sharing contract with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), with Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCO) as co-venturer The awards, which focus on Geosciences and Engineering disciplines are part of efforts at developing people for rewarding and productive careers in the petroleum industry. To qualify for these scholarship awards, the candidates must have a first degree (First Class or Second Class Upper Division in Geosciences or Engineering disciplines obtained from a Nigerian university, provisional admission for a Master’s degree program in any of the above stated disciplines in a recognized University either in Nigeria or the USA, Canada, United Kingdom or any EU country, for the national or international post graduate award respectively. The candidates must also be among the top performers in the selection tests and interviews conducted.
In continuation of efforts to provide opportunities for developing careers in the petroleum industry, Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) is offering Scholarships to outstanding Nigerian graduates wishing to pursue International post-graduate studies in the under listed disciplines:
- Engineering (Petroleum, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, Civil/Structural, Marine and Subsea)
To qualify, applicants MUST:
1. Must be a graduate from a Nigerian University
2. Must possess a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second class upper division in any of the listed Engineering and Geosciences disciplines.
3. Must have provisional admission to undertake full-time postgraduate study at a reputable foreign University (MSc or MEng) in the 2014/2015 academic session.
4. Specialization in Geophysics would be an advantage.
The NNPC/ESSO scholarship award applies to tuition, books, accommodation and living expenses for the duration of the selected course of study.
Before you start this application
1. Ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents:
- Passport photograph (with white background not more than 3 months old)
- Valid ID card
- Proof of provisional admission for Postgraduate Study into any reputable university
- First Degree Certificate
- Birth Certificate
2. Ensure you label these scanned documents accordingly, to avoid mixing up documents during upload.
3. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload.
To apply, Follow the steps below:
a) Click on http://scholastica.ng/schemes/2014nnpceepnl to visit the portal and click “apply now” tab.
b) Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
c) Click on http://scholastica.ng/schemes/2014nnpceepnl to return to Scholarship site.
d) Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
e) Enter your personal information, educational information, National Identity Number (if available), other information and upload required scanned documents.
f) Ensure the name used used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate otherwise.
g) Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
h) Recheck application information to avoid errors.
i) Click “apply now” to submit information.
j) You will receive an email and sms that confirms your application was successful.
- Multiple applications shall lead to disqualification
- You must apply before you begin verification of your application details.
- Application closes Midnight, Tuesday 24th October, 2014.
- Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted with details of the qualifying test via SMS text and Email.
- Employees of ExxonMobil Subsidiary companies in Nigeria and their dependents are not eligible for this Scholarship.